Code of Conduct in SSI Diagnostica A/S
SSI Diagnostica is a leading microbiology company in Scandinavia. We develop, produce and sell the best in vitro products available in the market. Every day, we strive to improve microbiology.
To become a succesful company we have to behave in a professionally and ethically responsible way which comprises employees and business partners (suppliers, customers, etc)
We have implemented a set of rules (Code of Conduct) that we, as a company are obliged to follow. This includes employees, suppliers and business partners. The rules comprises:
- Respect for people and human rights
- Responsibility for environment and climate change
- Good business ethics and corporate governance
- Deviations (or violations) from the Code
Respect for People and Human Rights
We respect basic human rights as well as the rights of workers. We aim to foster a good working environment based on good relationships between employees, suppliers and business partners. We therefore work to
- Comply with national laws and respecting international standards, including the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights and avoidance of complicity in human rights abuses
- Ensure no presence of any form of forced, child or compulsory labour
- Ensure fair and reasonable working conditions, such as wages, benefits, working hours as well as a healthy and safe work environment
- Respect and protect the rights of employees, including freedom of association and collective bargaining
- Promote equal treatment and opportunities regardless of gender, nationality, religion, ethnicity or other distinguishing characteristics
- Achieve a corporate culture and workplace free from discrimination and harassment
Responsibility for Environment and Climate Change
Significant challenges related to environmental impact and climate change face our world. At SSI Diagnostica we are convinced that consistent and long-term environmental work provides both environmental benefits and value creation. We therefore take responsibility for the impacts we have and strive to conduct our business with environmental responsibility and sustainable development at heart. This means we work to
- Comply with environmental laws and regulations
- Limit and reduce emissions of harmful substances and waste
- Increase energy and resource efficiency as well as use natural resources responsibly, such as water and materials, in order to reduce our climate and environmental impact
Good Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
Poor governance and corruption is a major obstacle to sustainable development and has severe negative impact on society. SSI Diagnostica realizes that good corporate governance and business ethics is the foundation of sound corporate development and management, as well as our ability to succeed in the market long-term. We therefore work to conduct our business in an ethical manner and have a zero tolerance for all forms of corruption, meaning we work to
- Comply with relevant anti-corruption laws and regulations
- Systematically prevent and actively ensure we are not complicit in corruption in any of its forms, including extortion and bribery
- Support and promote fair competition, meaning we comply with all relevant competition rules and refrain from concluding unlawful anti-competitive agreements as well as exchanging unlawful price and/or market information with competitors
- Comply with all applicable rules regarding export controls, including not acting contrary to, or with countries or persons implicated in, economic sanctions
- Avoid conflicts of interest by our company and our employees, thereby avoid all acts that might be perceived as favoring a company, organization, individual or other stakeholder at SSI Diagnostica’ expense
- Respect personal information and comply with applicable data protection legislation
Deviations (or Violations) from the Code
SSI Diagnostica will ensure that immediate disciplinary actions, including termination of employment, are taken against those who violate this Code and that circumstances in violation of applicable laws and regulations are reported to the relevant authorities.
If an employee observes a behavior that possibly deviates from the Code, this should be reported to the immediate manager as soon as possible. If such person is involved or otherwise disqualified, the event should be reported to SSI Diagnostica’ CEO.
All reports shall be taken seriously and investigated where necessary. There shall be no form of retaliation (termination of employment, harassment, discrimination, etc.) for reporting in good faith of a violation of the Code of Conduct or participation in the company’s investigation of a complaint.
Read more about SSI Diagnostica
Simpler for the better
If you work within the field of microbiology, you might be familiar with Occam’s Razor. At SSI Diagnostica, we champion a slightly adapted version of this principle: The simplest solution is usually the best one.
Get in touch
Please, reach out if you have a question, comment or request.