Flexicult® Vet is a culture test designed for diagnosing urinary tract infections (UTI) in dogs and cats.
Flexicult® Vet is a 24 hour culture test designed for diagnosing urinary tract infections (UTI) in dogs and cats by:
- identification and quantitative enumeration of bacteria in the urine
- predicts the susceptibility of the bacteria against 5 antibiotics
Flexicult® Vet is designed as an agar plate with elevated sides and divided into compartments with partitions and a lid. There is one large compartment for quantitative analysis
and 5 small compartments each containing a specific antibiotic: Ampicillin, Amoxicillin/Clavulanate, Cephalotin, and Trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole.
Urinary testing for right antibioitc treatment from the beginning
Color indication for bacterial identification
For fast identification of your pet’s urinary tract infection
How to use
- The urinary sample is poured briefly (3 – 5 sec.) over the agar. If the urine sample does not cover the total agar surface in all compartments the plate is tilted so that urine from the large counting compartment floods the small compartments containing antibiotics.
- The remaining urine is poured off so that urine having been in contact with the small antibiotic compartments don’t come in contact with the counting compartment. Let any excess of urine drip from the plate – ex. by tapping it against the waste container.
- Apply the lid and incubate Flexicult® Vet with the bottom facing upwards at 35°C in 18-24 hours.
- The plate is read the next day.
Videos in Danish only
Reading Flexicult® Vet
After incubation over night (18-24 hours) the agar plate is examined for growth of bacteria. The more bacteria in the urine sample, the more bacteria will grow in the counting compartment. A comparison of the colony density in the counting compartment with the examples below with E. coli gives an indication of the number of bacteria in the urine sample (CFU/mL urine).
Bacteria will not appear in the antibiotic compartments in which they are susceptible to the relevant antibiotic.
|Product||Number of tests|
|97543||Flexicult® Vet Scandinavia||3|
Please find the available downloads here.
Click on the link below to download the IFU.
Simpler for the better
If you work within the field of microbiology, you might be familiar with Occam’s Razor. At SSI Diagnostica, we champion a slightly adapted version of this principle:
The simplest solution is usually the best one.
Other interesting content
Looking for something else? You might be interested in this as well.
Indicators – Certify your hygiene process
Always the highest quality and in accordance with Danish National Infection Control Guidelines (NIR).
SSI Diagnostica is presafe and ISO13485 certified. Find all information about biological and chemical indicators here.
Culture media produced by high standard and know-how
SSI Diagnostica holds many years of experience within production of culture media. Our production facilities are modern with high capacity and ISO 13485 certified.
Please, reach out if you have questions, comments or requests.